Liquid jet - Laboratory J163 (dry part)
Samples prepared in wet part of laboratory (J165) are studied using optical methods for measurement of roughness and waviness. Based on the up-to-date proven theoretical methods there are determined qualitative and quantitative impacts of liquid jets on materials applying photography and microscopy investigation of surface or abrasive grains.
- Device for measuring of the pH-level and conductivity CyberScan PC 6000
- Device Eutech Instruments DO 1500 for measuring of the oxygen inside liquid
- Specialdevice for sample wall analysis based on camera NIKON D300
- Specialdevice for measurement of roughness and waviness of small samples based on laser diode with detector (design and measurement KPVP, FVT v Prešove, TU Košice)
- Specialdevice for measurement of roughness and waviness of large samples based on laser diode with detector (design and measurement KPVP, FVT v Prešove, TU Košice)
- Microscope set based on microscope NOVEX Holland with digitalcamera
- Magnetic field sensor F.W.Bell Gauss/Teslameter 5080
- Digital weighing machine OHAUS ARC120 up to weight 3kg
All solid-state materials subjected liquid jet impact in wet part of laboratory (J165).
Investigated properties of materials:
- Imaging of abrasive grains thrust into material surface
- Imaging of striations on material surface and determination of their characteristics regarding material properties, material temperature state and jet characteristics
- Measurement of roughness and waviness of material surface machined by liquid jet.
- Calculation of jet parameters according to kind of material and processing of measured data.
- Conductivity and pH of liquids, amount of oxygen in them and magnetic behaviour of materials after machining.